There are a bunch of “Top 10 Stories of 2013” lists floating around the Internet right now, and that’s all well and good. But I have a few favorites of my own – and whether they be for legitimate or ridiculous reasons, here they are.
- 5,000 people gathering at the Mall of America to sing Zach Sobiech’s “Clouds” in his memory.
- The man commissioning the crafting of a 12-foot bronze statue to flip his ex-wife and her new boyfriend the bird on a daily basis.
- The fraudy sign language interpreter at Nelson Mandela’s memorial. (See here for an awesome translation of what was actually being signed.)
- Batkid saving the day.
- Kim Jong-Un sending a threat of attack by fax. By fax?
- The Boston Marathon bombing survivor meeting the woman who saved her life.
- WestJet Airline reviving the holiday spirit.
I tried to get to 10, but the list started to feel watered-down. So there are 7. Let me know if I missed your favorite.