Look alike

blog

Has anyone ever said to you, “You remind me of someone – someone famous”? People have said this to me occasionally. I always desperately hope that they are referring to Liv Tyler, or Sara Evans, or some other buxom brunette beauty with a magnetism that the universe is drawn to.

But no. Too bad. It’s always Lilith from “Frasier.” Without fail. It must be the high forehead, pallid complexion, striking nose, perpetual eyebrow raise, and the pursed lips.

However, recently I’ve also been told that I am the spitting (albeit brunette) image of Jennifer Finnigan, an actress on a show called “Close to Home.” I’ve never watched it. I can see a resemblance, although I have sadder eyes. “Precious Moments” eyes. Maybe I should go blond – except that would be a DISASTER.

Which celebrities do YOU get compared to?

share:

tags: |

28 Comments

1. Anonymous on August 12, 2008 at 10:44 AM

Only Sarah Ferguson, princess of york, ex-wife of prince andrew, poster child for weight watchers…so sad! Consider Jennifer Finnigan a compliment!
    mom

2. Annie Parsons on August 12, 2008 at 10:50 AM

Mom, Fergie is beautiful! And for the record, yes, I do consider Jennifer Finnigan a compliment. A vast improvement over Lilith the Harsh.

3. Marijke on August 12, 2008 at 11:19 AM

Rory from Gilmore Girls – not always a physical resemblance, more so voice and humor I think.

I COULDN’T be happier, in any case.

4. bec on August 12, 2008 at 11:25 AM

your eyes are NOT precious moments. that medal belongs to me, and you know it.

i have been told i resemble lindsey lohan, mandy moore, jena malone, and kristen bell. how someone could be compared to such a wide variety of people is over my head.

5. Rebecca on August 12, 2008 at 11:47 AM

Brunettes are far superior. ;)

Believe it or not, here is the list. I always get one or more of these from people – without fail. Strange.

– Neve Campbell (a security guard actually stopped me one time because he nearly asked for my autograph before realizing is wasn’t actually HER. What?!)
    – Natalie Merchant
    – Jennifer Garner
    – Evangeline Lilly
    – Hilary Swank
    – Holly Marie Combs (she played “Piper Halliwell” on the TV show “Charmed”.)

6. erin on August 12, 2008 at 11:59 AM

strangers in airports, friends of friends, man working the mcdonald’s drive through, family memebers, among others have all, at some point, told me i look exactly like sandra bullock. ohh, i could only be so lucky. I don’t see the resemblance, but i’ll take it.

7. Annie Parsons on August 12, 2008 at 12:00 PM

Okay, Rebs wins the HOTT award. Ridiculously good-looking people! And you forgot Julia Roberts – that’s who I think you look like.

Becca, excuuuuuuse me, fine, you’re right. You totally win the Precious Moments eyes award. Are you happy? You also win the “heart shaped face” award, and “cutest freckles,” and “will always be skinnier than her older sister” prize.

But I got boobs.

Rory from Gilmore Girls is an awesome one! And Sandra Bullock is my fave – Erin, I see it!

8. Anonymous on August 12, 2008 at 12:26 PM

hey, you should check out “twitter”. found it on dooce’s website. you’re random thoughts would be appropriate.

9. duane on August 12, 2008 at 12:33 PM

i get Greg Grunberg a lot. not really sure if i see it though.

10. bec on August 12, 2008 at 12:48 PM

well annie,

in addition to the boobs award, you are the recipient of the far superior blogger, the internet prom queen, the craigslist most wanted, the sleep-on-wet-hair-yet-miraculously-somehow-have-a-good-hairday, the most photogenic, the attractive feet, the best vocabulary, and the internal compass awards.

11. Beth on August 12, 2008 at 12:52 PM

Back in college I used to get a comment or two about looking sorta like Agent Scully (Gillian Anderson) from the X-Files, but I could never see it.

[I know, I am old at 31 – that is from SO LONG AGO. Probably few on here even remember her. Sigh.]

p.s. Annie – it is not a bad thing to look like Lillith from Frasier! She’s beautiful and all dancer-willowy. The only bummer would be if people compared your *personality* to hers, which I’m sure they didn’t. Right?? :)

12. Tad on August 12, 2008 at 12:53 PM

The Gaffneys say I look like Joaquine Phoenix.

In high school, people said I looked like Clark Kent when I wore my glasses. Then Tom Welling came on the scene in Smallville, and I stopped looking like Clark Kent.

Annie, I think you look like one of the Karyatides on the Acropolis in Athens

13. Deborah Barnett on August 12, 2008 at 2:07 PM

when my hair is straight – I get Julianne Moore

14. Mary on August 12, 2008 at 4:55 PM

Annie – you are prettier than her.
    I get compared to Leelee Sobieski (yes, the DNA strand on Never Been Kissed), Anastacia (the LATIN singing sensation), and any random celebrity when they’re wearing their glasses.

15. Luke and Maggie on August 12, 2008 at 5:13 PM

I used to get Jewel the singer… I don’t know why, I don’t look a thing like her. Someone recently told me I look like the girl who played Juno–I’m thinking they meant personality not looks cause….yeah I don’t think so. And really I’m far less sarcastic.

16. Julianne on August 12, 2008 at 6:11 PM

I don’t think I’ve ever been told I look like anyone famous. I feel so left out.

17. EmClare on August 12, 2008 at 9:05 PM

Annie-Gorgeous…FAR more spunky Jennifer Finnigan than stuffy Bebe Neuwirth!

Julianne…no need to feel left out – I liken you to stunning German actress Franka Potente: http://flickr.com/photos/emaleth72/1485672732/ Who else agrees?

18. Lyla on August 12, 2008 at 10:18 PM

If it makes you feel any better, my boyfriend has mentioned in the past that he thinks Lilith from Fraiser is totally hot.

I don’t remind anybody of any celebrities unless you count the munchkins in the Wizard of OZ since I’m 5 foot 2 and have a little kid’s voice.

19. Allie, Dearest on August 12, 2008 at 11:48 PM

People used to say that Brett woman from that old sitcom “Grace Under Fire.” that didn’t get much applause from me.

Then, a few years ago, someone told me I looked like Tea Leoni, which isn’t really true, but made up for the Brett Butler thing.

20. Rebecca on August 13, 2008 at 8:04 AM

Oh my gosh. This is ridiculous but I forgot one. Linda Hamilton from the "Beauty & the Beast" TV show and "Terminator". I haven't heard that in a while (probably because she's not really 'around' much anymore), but I used to get that one all the time. I don't think I ever realized how many different celebrities I'd get compared to until now. Yikes.

Annie, thanks! :) xoxo

Talk to you soon :)

21. Sarah Markley on August 13, 2008 at 8:26 AM

Hi Annie (the other Annie’s friend Sarah, here).

I get Sandra Bullock (when my hair is short, but i am way younger than her); I also get Katharine McPhee (of Idol fame 2 years ago)…

but I always wish it was Jennifer Garner (Alias, not with child)

22. Isaiah Kallman on August 13, 2008 at 10:31 AM

Topher Grace. All the time. A comic book illustrator friend of mine once drew a picture of me turning into Venom after he found out that Eric Foreman was going to play the villain in Spiderman 3.

23. Annibelle on August 13, 2008 at 11:10 PM

Mmm… I look like myself. Annie. Plain and average.

HOWEVER, someone once told me I looked like Kristy Yamaguchi, but I totally blew that off cuz I don’t see any resemblance other than our Asian, flat faces.

Hahaha… and sigh.

BUT, I tried out this website that matches your face to those of celebrities. It said I most resembled Raven Simone.

Maybe I should start a new blog called, “That’s So Annie”?

[FYI: I just went back to my older posts to see if I could find the link to the site, but I think it’s been closed. Bummer.]

24. Annibelle on August 13, 2008 at 11:12 PM

Yay! I just googled and found it!

I MUST know your results!!!

25. Annibelle on August 13, 2008 at 11:22 PM

FYI (The last comment today. I PROMISE)…

I just tested a couple pictures and the program just compared me to ANGELA LANSBURY!!!

What in the world?!?!?!

26. Laura on August 15, 2008 at 8:40 AM

Well, it was always Helen Hunt.

Now, nobody. We know that I would love to look or be compared to Reese Witherspoon. One can dream!

27. jjkissinger on August 16, 2008 at 8:00 PM

Screech. Seriously. And no, I do not think it’s funny. Or true. Thanks for bringing it up…

28. Marie on August 17, 2008 at 7:16 PM

Brooke Hogan. I don’t want to discuss it for obvious reasons.