I try to avoid posts like this, because I don’t want to assume that people other than my mom are interested in the minutia of my every day life. But the truth is that my creativity, energy, and brainpower are currently being channeled elsewhere, and I cannot find the time nor the lucidity to pull together anything semi-intelligent-sounding.
Although I did say “lucidity.” So. There’s that.
- I’m going to the Y every night around 8:30 or 9, and I have rediscovered my love of working out at night, like I did when I lived in Seattle. It’s amazing, and fits with my natural clock and rhythm.
- I am approaching the 4-month marker in my new job, and let me just say that starting a job in which one has no previous experience is difficult. I hate not feeling completely competent, and my brain is saturated with new information every single day. But I am working hard, and starting to feel like I sort of comprehend what’s going on – not to mention, I work with some very wonderful people (SHOUT OUT, Emma!). So, heigh-ho.
- The Facebook fast is going well, and is enabling me to have somewhat of a “soul sabbatical.” I was worried that apart from Facebook, I wouldn’t know what’s happening in the world – but actually? It’s kind of nice not to know. (Unless there is something important going on in YOUR life that I should know about – in which case, please tell me!)
- Without a steady stream of Facebook notifications being sent to my inbox, I get basically zero emails anymore – but the few that I do get are amazing. Val writes particularly sensational messages. We’ve had quite the volley of emails going back and forth this week.
- For those of you who ARE on Facebook, you should look up Souder Photography. Their stuff is pretty amazing, and you might see a familiar face in the Musicians/Artists album…
- For the first time since November, I have the beginnings of some new songs – and this makes me so happy, I cannot even say.
- Some recent keywords that have led people to this blog: “how could a man make a woman feel more feminine,” “flirting her hanky,” and “by myself housesitter mirror pants.” What am I writing about? And why on earth are you still here?
- I cannot believe I’m saying this, but yesterday, I was so thankful that I lived in Nashville instead of Seattle.
- Tonight, I’m flying to California for another wedding – this time, my friend Sheryl and her Ukrainian sweetie, Vadym. For almost 2 years, I thought that Vadym’s name was Roma. I have no idea how that happened, but there it is. I’ve known Sheryl for 25 years; for you mathematicians, that is 92.5% of my life.
I’ll be back next week to regale you with stories from the weekend – vodka toasts and… whatever else I learn to be particularly “Ukrainian.”