Oh thank heaven for 2011
I’m a humongous fan of New Years Resolutions, although I can’t think of one that I’ve ever actually accomplished. I think that my issue is the fact that I think up these lofty, abstract goals, like “do nicer things,” or “pray more,” or, you know, my constant companion and perennial favorite, “be hot.”
2011, though? It’s going to be different.
Why, you ask?
Because I am doing away with my theoretical wishes, and have come up with 12 concrete goals.
And when Annie Parsons sets a goal, she achieves it (case in point: the “Twilight” series).
Here they are, in no particular order – my 2011 12:
1) Shoot a gun.
2) Go out to dinner by myself.
3) Travel internationally.
4) Climb at least 10 14ers.
5) Stop eating the same thing for lunch every day.
6) Sing somewhere in Denver.
7) Send 52 hand-written letters.
8) Read Steinbeck’s “East of Eden.”
9) Take an honest-to-goodness vacation that lasts an entire week.
11) One that I’m keeping a secret.
12) Be hot.
Sorry. Old habits die hard.