When did I get old enough…
– To go to bed every night by 10pm?
– To attempt to eat from the food pyramid?
– To create a budget?
– To have kids I used to babysit for getting engaged?
– To have friends getting married?
– To have friends getting divorced?
– To have friends getting boob jobs?
– To have a retirement account?
– To buy age-defying makeup?
– To experience an existential crisis?
– To worry – really worry – about the world, the environment, and the government?
– To refer to myself as a “woman,” and not as a “girl”?
– To plan my upcoming weekend around home improvement projects?
That’s right, folks. My weekend will be consumed with stripping and refinishing some bedroom furniture. And when I say “stripping,” I am referring to paint, and not to my clothing. Although that would most certainly give the neighbors something to talk about.
I have absolutely no idea how to go about this task – but that’s what the internet is for. I am researching the appropriate methods online, and then crossing my fingers as I begin the job this evening. Here’s hoping that Monday brings a glorious victory post, and not an “L is for LAME.”