After a whirlwind game of “drive to Texas as fast as you can,” I’m back in Colorado today.
A few things of note:
– I drove the world’s nicest Penske truck. It had a CD player, and an icy cold air conditioner. It accelerated on the up-hills, and hugged the turns like it wanted to be more than friends.
The only lame thing was that it didn’t have cruise control. When I asked the man at the rental desk about it, he suggested I “find a broom, snap off the handle, and wedge that son of a bitch to the floor” – the “son of a bitch” being the pedal, obviously. And I laughed out loud. Because a grizzly old man saying “son of a bitch” is enough to do me in. I’m easy that way.
– I made a video – mostly out of boredom, until I realized that making a video was getting boring, too. So soak up these 76 seconds.
– All of my dad’s stuff was successfully delivered, unloaded, and arranged in his new home. I am now considering a new career in professional moving. The industry is surely short on a vixen.
– I had the “Mr. Pink” at Torchy’s. Fish tacos are the way to my heart.
– And finally, I just thought you would like to know that when I woke up on Sunday morning, I needed to get to church, but my dad had already left. So I drove the Penske. To church. In red heels. ROCKED IT.